Award Winning Architects in South West London
Armstrong Simmonds Architects are an award winning architectural practice based in Clapham, London. We apply innovative architectural solutions to building projects harnessing the creativity of our Architects and Designers to achieve exceptional results. Underpinning our work ethos is the central need to generate inventive and inspirational designs that will facilitate unique solutions that meet the specific needs of our clients. As RIBA Chartered Architects, we understand the needs for creative design, methodical planning and timely project execution. Our highly creative team of designers based in South West London will diligently guide you through each stage of the process from conceptual design to the completion of your dream project.
We provide the full spectrum of services covering all RIBA work stages including Surveying, Briefing, Scheme Design, 3D Modelling, Planning, Building Control, Detailing, Tendering, Contract Administration and Interior Design.
The types of building projects we pride ourselves in include: high-end residential design, new build apartments and houses, basements, extensions, loft conversion and multi-unit residential properties.
John-Paul Armstrong, DirectorBA (Hons), MArch, P.G.Dip, ARB, RIBA
- John worked at OCA and the multinational practice RMJM before co-founding Armstrong Simmonds Architects with Chris Simmonds. John acquired his degree and masters from the University of Sheffield. He also acquired the highest marks in his written examinations (Part 3 professional practice).
Chris Simmonds, DirectorBA (Hons), MArch, P.G.Dip, ARB, RIBA
- Chris worked at John Simpson & Partners and Architype among other practices. He undertook his degree and masters at the University of Sheffield before co-founding Armstrong Simmonds Architects with John Armstrong. Chris’ primary interest in architecture is the dynamic tension between form and function, and the ways in which architecture can facilitate and enhance social interaction and flow.
Jonathan Freeman, Senior ArchitectBA (Hons), Dip Arch, ARB
- Jonathan has worked at a range of architect’s practices, Hampshire County Council, Weal Architects and IID Architects over the last 8 years. He undertook his degree at Portsmouth University, his Diploma at the University of Sheffield, and subsequently qualified in 2005 for his professional practice. Jonathan constantly wishes to create sensitive, stylish and innovative scheme solutions.
Daniela Favero, Senior ArchitectOAT, ARB
- Daniela has a wide range of experience in various types of construction including commercial, private buildings, residential units and renovation, with a particular interest in design and interiors. She previously owned her own architectural business in Italy where she also taught Interior Design at IED for 8 years. Daniela graduated as an Architect at the Polytechnic of Torino.
Raquel Oliveira, ArchitectDipArch, OASRN, ARB
- Raquel is an award winning Architect with a broad experience in various types of constructions from new builds to refurbishments and interior design. Mainly consisting of residential and social housing projects, in June 2005 she co-founded a small architectural practice. Raquel graduated as an Architect from Oporto Lusíada University in Portugal having qualified in Architecture and Conservation.
Nick Grimmett, Architectural AssistantBA (Hons)
- Nick acquired his architectural degree from the University of Brighton graduating with first class honours. Nick’s 3rd year design project explored sustainable urban design and was awarded the Michael Base prize for the best architectural drawings showing technical resolution of an individual 3rd year project.
Nathan Cowley, Architectural AssistantBA (Hons)
- Nathan graduated with first class honours from the University of Liverpool and joined Armstrong Simmonds in August 2015. Passionate about design, his final year projects explored the aesthetic principles of constructivism and metabolism. His continued exploration of design has nurtured an understanding of the intricacies and nuances of spatial design.
Edmund Thomas Green, Architectural AssistantBA (Hons)
- Following his A-levels, Edmund embarked on travels around the world. Whilst in Zambia he managed a local construction team, refurbishing a School. Edmund’s interest in regenerative design developed throughout his architectural degree at the University of Sheffield, culminating in the design of a kit-of-parts for immediate, temporary construction, and a study that paralleled the lives of humanitarian architects.
John M A Baxter, External ConsultantBSc, DipArch, ARB
- John Baxter trained at Edinburgh University and Oxford Brookes. He is experienced in refurbishments and new builds, with specialist knowledge in residential design and care homes. He has also acted for clients as a CDM Co-ordinator / Consultant and Party Wall surveyor.